Eva Marina Homeschools

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Currently Reading

I thought I'd share what Ignacio and I are reading from time to time.  This is simply what we are reading for fun.  I will probably also be editing posts to include mini reviews.


Reading together: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Ignacio is reading: Stink and the Freaky Frog Freakout by Megan McDonald
I'm reading: A Very Long Engagement by Sébastien Japrisot

We chose to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at bedtime, three chapters a night.  Ignacio loved it.  He is a huge Roald Dahl fan, this was the third of his books he read.  We also read his biography.  I love that Roald Dahl never shied away from using complex vocabulary in his children's books.

ETA: 

A Very Long Engagement was great.  Beautifully and creatively written.  I would definitely recommend this, especially if you are a fan of historical fiction.  If you are a fan of the movie, as is always the case, there are many things they changed and a lot was left out.  Reading the book would definitely be worth your time.

It was no surprise that Ignacio loved Stink #8.  He is looking forward to reading the Stink-O-Pedias now.

0 comments: